Of all the five senses it is your vision that is the most important. We perceive and interact with life mostly through our eyes. you only have to shut your eyes for a few seconds to fully appreciate the marvel and our dependence on sight. However, as we age most of us notice a slow deterioration in the ability to focus and we may also contract cataracts or glaucoma.
Today’s laser surgery is quick, safe, painless and relatively inexpensive; it bestows the benefits of viewing life as you did in your younger years and the tiresome need for spectacles may be eliminates, the miraculous and comparatively simple medical procedure is now conveniently offered at most city hospitals and specialist eye clinics.
You certainly appreciate life’s splendours even more when they are seen in sharp focus.
• As a matter of course, promote optimal vision by ensuring your nutrition plan contains lutein and zeaxanthin, as found in dark-green leafy vegetables or specialized supplements.
• If you are using reading glasses while viewing this, check out the anti-glare glasses specially designed for computer use.
• It is strongly recommended that you undergo a complete annual eye evaluation to determine if you are developing cataracts or glaucoma or are a candidate for eye corrective laser surgery.
• If the first person you see says you are a candidate for laser eye treatment, as always with these kind of medical procedures, get a second and third opinion.
• Ask your shortlist of clinics if you can speak to past patients and check that the clinic is properly registered, etc. you only have one pair of eyes, so do your due diligence.
• Costs may be reduced if you take advantage of...