Lecithin is a phospholipid (contains both phosphorus and fats) that is a major component of human cells, particularly: the liver and brain. Egg, soybeans and liver are rich sources of Lecithin, while whole grains and fish contain a lesser amount.
• Major components of cell membranes
• form secondary messenger system throughout the body.
• Acts as an emulsifier – disposing fats and cholesterol in the bloos,
• regulates cell nutrient absorption and elimination.
Health benefits attributed to lecithin, include:
• Aids in fat metabolism thus lowers blood cholesterol and promotes a healthy cardiovascular system.
• Aids weight loss
• Improves cognitive function and elevates some symptoms of dementia
Lecithin may be consumed as a supplement which is derived from eggs, soybeans or sunflower oil. However scientific studies to date remain in conclusion.
» if you consider using this product please consult your personal medical practitioner.