There can be sexual attraction and the act itself at any adult age. One of the greatest love stories of history was between Anthony & Cleopatra, lovers well past their physical prime. As we age, physical attributes steadily assume less importance and we are drawn more to those we share interests with, who offer us something refreshing and new, who make us laugh or simply are nice to be around for everyday security and companionship. This can be just as intense and intimate in its own way as physical love. That said, it is the most natural thing in the world for the vast majority of lovers of all ages to want to, at some point, consummate their union in sexual bliss. unfortunately, as we past the milestone of 50, the spirit may remain strong but the flesh becomes increasingly weak. The performance may not always match the desire. Embarrassment prevails and we make excuses to avoid further humiliations. Besides, is it not socially inappropriate once we are past a certain age to even contemplate sex? sex is solely for reproduction is it not? us older folk have no business soiling our genteel dignity with such thoughts. At which point i can assure you such anxieties and doubts are both commonplace but also, to use that wonderful Irish / Italian word, baloney!
So while many changes start occurring in the body with increasing age, that should not be a reason for excluding sex from your life. As the chapter discusses, there is clinical proof sex can be a very effective weapon against aging. Not only can regular sex literally help you stay young, it also makes you look a lot younger. It also keeps you in better, well-balanced condition physically and emotionally. Sexual activity promotes hormone balance, improves muscle tone, and reduces mental stresses and anxieties. The reduced level of physical and emotional stress directly enhances the stability of your immune system. The improved blood circulation in your system refreshes all your cells, delivering the nutrients they need and removing the waste and toxins they produce. Moreover, regular orgasms release happy chemicals and hormones that serve as natural painkillers (such as oxytocin) are produced in the body providing relief from the assorted aches and pains which we are heir to. These compounds naturally drive away depression, keep you in an upbeat mood and generally help you maintain a healthy, more positive outlook about life. They also enhance your sense of social acceptance, as your positive feelings encourage you to have more interaction with other people.
• Eat healthy foods. Good nutrition from healthy foods promotes good circulation and provides the foundation for an active sex life.
• Exercise regularly. Regular exercise helps you maintain an efficient cardiovascular system and keeps you in top shape for all your activities including sex.
• Avoid excess alcohol, drugs, tobacco. These are toxins which quickly drag down physical performance. Alcohol taken as red wine and in moderation can be healthy and can even provide aphrodisiac benefits, but too much of it will be counter-productive.
• Last but not least, be interested in your partner. Intimacy is not necessarily equated with sex. Two people with low sex drives can live together as happily as a couple with high sex drives. understanding each other’ s needs is far more important than performance-driven sex.
• Maintain your attractiveness by observing oral / body hygiene and dress in an appropriate yet appealing fashion.