A native product of China, Goji berries, being low in fat but rich in nutrients, including vitamins, minerals and phytochemicals, like carotenoids and flavonoids has recently risen to acclaim Super Fruit status.
The health claims of Goji Berries include:
• Assisting in losing weight
• Reduction of inflammation
• Reducing the risk factors of cardiovascular diseases
• Preventing some types of cancer
• Boosting the immune system
Add these health giving small reddish berries to your diet by sprinkling them as a garnish on mixed fruit, yoghurt or eat them individually as a mid morning/afternoon snack.